Tips For Cleaning Your Stainless Steel Appliances
Nowadays, design as an art form has become an extremely wide term. Therefore, appliance manufacturers tend to follow certain trends and this is where stainless steel appliances become so fashionable. Not only they are long-lasting but also come very easy to be cleaned and maintained. However, these appliances are very sensitive to fingerprints, water, stains, especially if they are positioned in a place with a lot of traffic. So these are a few hints on how to easily make your stainless steel appliances spotless.
Before You Start
It's important to avoid substances that can harm stainless steel of the appliance. You don't want your appliance to look worn, and therefore make sure to avoid harsh abrasives, bleach, steel wool and similar materials for your appliance cleaning.
Things To Use
If it looks great, modern and expensive, it doesn’t necessarily have to be difficult to manage. The surface of stainless steel appliances is one of the easiest to clean. It's enough to just wipe away the stains. Therefore, there's no need for you to go professional on this, since there are many simple home solutions that will do great on cleaning.
- Mineral Oil - A good alternative to regular cleaners would be mineral oil, especially because it doesn't require a large amount of it to clean the surface.
- Dish Soap - One teaspoon of dishwashing detergent mixed with hot water would do great for cleaning stainless steel appliances.
- Window Cleaner - As there is a huge similarity in cleaning glass and stainless steel (both sensitive surfaces), window cleaners are proven to be very efficient tool for cleaning stainless steel appliances.
How To Clean
It doesn't make a huge difference on what cleaning solution will you be using as long as you're doing this right. This means to make sure wiping the surface will be in the direction of the metal's grain.
These are a few simple steps to properly clean your stainless steel appliance.
- When cleaning solution is chosen, dip a soft cloth in it and wipe down the surface of the appliance. Make sure not to scrub heavily, it would be better to repeat this step more than once if needed.
- You may end up still having stains or fingerprints on your appliances surface, but there's no need to panic. Just use any window cleaner, and wipe away with a soft cloth.
- There are always some heavier stains such as baked-on food and similar. These are, often, easily removed with a mi of warm water and baking soda. The paste created from these two should be rubbed on the problematic spots. After a few minutes just wipe the surface away with a damp cloth and all of these would be removed.
For this reason, no matter which appliance you need, stainless steel would look and do great in your household. Visit Town Appliance, your favorite among home appliance retailers, and check out a huge selection of great stainless steel appliances for sale that would ensure great performance and stylish look of your everyday surrounding.