BROAN SMD8 Description
Providing make-up air for exhaust devices is easy, controlling it is not - until now. BROAN® LinkLogic® Make-Up Air Dampers, when interlocked with slave dampers, open in unison to provide synchronized operation for kitchen, bath and whole house ventilation products. For use with SmartSense® ventilation fans and select BROAN® range hoods to provide balanced indoor air pressure. LinkLogic® installs in any electrical box for simple installation. The intelligent design options ensure optimum performance in a variety of installations and applications.
- Interlocked make-up air dampers provide make-up air when called for to keep the home comfortable by allowing the range hood to operate at optimum levels
- LinkLogic® design works with SmartSense® ventilation fans and select BROAN® range hoods to balance indoor air pressure by providing interlocked make-up air. SMD6 uses existing AC wiring to communicate between the damper control and ventilation devices with no added wiring
- Slave dampers (MD6S or MD8S) are interlocked to the main automatic or universal make-up air damper and open in unison for synchronized operation. They close, along with the main damper, as soon as the range hood is powered off. Slave dampers can be "ganged" together to provide a cost effective means to provide for higher volumes of make-up air
- Interlocked make-up air damper systems meet IRC Code requirements for make-up air with range hoods over 400 CFM
- Interlocked make-up air systems avoid wasted energy associated with barometric solutions and do not let unwanted air into the home during heating or cooling activities so air pressure is equalized for a well-balanced environment
- Fresh air wall caps are required for use with Make-Up Air Dampers
BROAN SMD8 Specifications
- Efficient and Economical Make-Up Air Solution Saves Energy and Money Easy to install
- Optimizes tightly built, energy efficient homes.
- Make-Up Air Only When Needed. Synchronized to only open during Fan or Range Hood operation.
- Avoids Wasted Energy Associated With Barometric Solutions. Does not let unwanted air into the home during heating or cooling calls.
- Improves ventilation efficacy by providing fresh air from a known location to replace exhausted air.
- Dampers can be "ganged" for high-volume applications.